Trees are a great addition to any landscape, providing shade and privacy, offering a habitat for the birds and squirrels, and creating some really great curb appeal. The problem with trees, though, is that they can take a long time to grow and become substantial. Not to worry! We’ve got a list of some of the fastest growing trees, so you can have a yard that looks well-established much more quickly than you might expect.
- The Shumard Oak features a wide-spreading canopy atop a large trunk. In fall, its rich, green leaves turn deep scarlet and stay in the tree a few weeks before shedding. It’s a fast-growing, medium-sized tree that is durable and has a long lifespan.
- Red Push Pistache trees are beautiful and deciduous. The leaves of the Red Push Pistache provide shade in the summer and go from green to red, orange, and yellow in the fall. These trees make a great natural privacy screen, and are drought-tolerant, cold-tolerant, and easy to shape.
- Carolina Cherry trees have dark green foliage and beautiful white flowers in spring. It’s densely branched and easily tamed, which makes it perfect for a border, hedge, or privacy screen. It’s hardy, durable, and requires little maintenance.
- The Arizona Ash is a large, deciduous tree that grows very quickly. It’s popular because of its wide umbrella of shade and beautiful, velvety, gray-green leaves.
- The Chinese Elm “True Green” variety has dark green foliage that provides wide, umbrella-shaped shade. Because the canopy spreads quickly, it can provide shade even when young, and the mottled bark gives it an attractive and unique look.
- Crape Myrtles can grow up to five feet per year. With their showy pink, red, or white blossoms, they make a beautiful privacy screen.
- The Tipu is a fast growing, flowering shade tree. It’s a showy, semi-evergreen tree with golden blooms in late spring, feathery, bright green foliage, and golden brown bark. It’s perfect where a high canopy is desired, and it attracts butterflies and pollinators.
If you’re looking for trees and want to find somewhere to buy them where the staff is knowledgeable and experienced, head to Moon Valley Nurseries. Moon Valley Nurseries started as a small neighborhood nursery, and now has locations all across the West. We deliver and plant anything in our massive inventory, and because we grow our plants ourselves, we can give our customers the lowest prices in town, guaranteed. Whether you need a tree or two or an entire landscape, our friendly staff members will go the extra mile to make you happy. Contact us through our website, call us at (602) 388-1529, or stop by to check out all we have to offer, from the best trees and plants to professional crews and planters to certified designers ready to make your yard the best in the neighborhood.