We are kind of obsessed with limes. With so many tasty recipes, how can we not be a little head over heels for the fruit that can add a little zing and zest to our food and cocktails? The high acid content and tartness make limes a powerful cooking ingredient.
Enhance cocktails, decadent desserts, and a rich meat dish with a squeeze of lime or a sprinkling of lime zest. The most widely used limes in the United States are Bearss limes. These limes feature a thin green rind, so they are super easy to squeeze and apply for a variety of recipes. Below are some delicious ways to use limes. How do you like to use them?
10 Favorite Recipes with Limes
- Marinate a Whole Chicken. Use lime zest as a key ingredient for marinating whole chicken. We love to create a flavorful paste using them in the food processor with scallions, ginger, salt, and oil. Click here for a recipe from Martha Stewart.
- Make a Lime Glazed Shrimp. Make a spicy glaze for broiled shrimp skewers. This recipe calls for lime zest and juice, honey, garlic, red-pepper flakes, oil, and salt.
- Make Lime Cilantro Rice. This easy recipe includes using lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro. Stir the mixture into the cooked rice just before serving and enjoy!
- Make Lime Chicken Soft Tacos. Taco Tuesday just got a whole lot tastier! We like to create a lime chicken mixture using vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and oregano and serve it with chicken over a warm tortilla.
- Add to Hibiscus Tea. Make your tea even more refreshing adding honey and lime juice to freshly brewed hibiscus tea.
- Chile Lime Peanuts. Turn the heat up on your favorite cocktail companion, peanuts! Toss peanuts with fresh lime zest, Thai chilies, butter, sugar, and salt.
- Make Margarita Cupcakes. Spice and spike cupcakes with lime zest, juice, and a tequila-spiked curd filling. These cupcakes are guaranteed to be a hit at your next Taco Tuesday or Cinco de Mayo party! Click here for a recipe from Martha Stewart!
- Key Lime Pie. A favorite on both coasts, we can make an easy key lime pie. Combine egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and mix!
- Frozen Margaritas. It is not a frozen margarita without limes! A frosty margarita can keep you cool during the dog days of summer. Grab a bunch of limes and squeeze to make fresh lime juice. You will need tequila, sugar, and lots of ice to blend into a tasty cocktail concoction. Top it off with a lime slice and enjoy.
- Spring Lime Tea Cookies. No tea party is complete without cookies. These light and soft, buttery cookies are bursting with citrus flavor! Click here for a recipe!
Buy a Tree at Fruit Producing Age and Enjoy Limes Today!
The best way to enjoy the juiciest limes busting with citrus flavor is to buy a tree at fruit producing age. At Moon Valley Nurseries, we sell lime trees with fruit so that you can try your hand at making any of the recipes listed above!