Walt has extensive background in landscape design and trees and plants native to the Soutwest. He loves spending time in the nurseries and helping customers find solutions to their landscape problems.
• Japanese Privet - Great in the full sun, they can grow large enough to provide shade to create a nice thick hedge.
• Wax Leaf Privet - Named after its waxy leaf, this privet has a white sweet smelling bloom and many different hedge application uses.
• Carolina Cherry - This evergreen can be used as a large bush or even as a small tree. It grows easily in full sun and requires little maintenance in order to thrive.
• Bamboo (var.) - This grass-like plant is a very quick grower that provides a large amount of shade and looks amazing by pools or other water features in tropical settings.
• Oleander Bush - Oleanders not only add a large amount of color to any yard, but are also extremely hardy and resilient as they can bounce back from almost anything the elements can throw at them.
• Hopseed (Green/Purple) - With two options of Hopseed available, this shrub will give you privacy and can offer a contrast in color.
• Bottle Brush - Named after its crimson colored bottle brush shaped plumes, this evergreen works as a small to large colorful hedge and can even be trained into a small tree.
• Indian Laurel Columns - These evergreen hedges are very easy to grow and work in just about any landscape application. They will create very little litter throughout the year and require a minimal amount of pruning and other care. These hedges will grow large enough to block just about any unwanted view, but can also be kept small for use in other applications.
As you can see, you have many options when planting an evergreen hedge, you can choose anything from classic green to flowering, non-flowering, and even multiple foliage colors. Plant any of these awesome evergreens wherever you may need privacy from unwanted views and noises. Stop into any of our Moon Valley Nursery locations today to get your hedge growing!